NEW TO VAPING?
CURRENTLY A SMOKER?
Are you curious about the world of vaping and e-cigarettes? Have you been recommended to switch to vaping but feel lost or overwhelmed with where to start? Fear not. You are in the right place, so relax and read on as we take you through a guided introduction to the world of vaping.
Electronic cigarettes, unlike traditional cigarettes don’t contain any tobacco. Traditional tobacco cigarettes contain over 4000 chemicals and carcinogens. With electronic cigarettes you will still experience the same oral sensation and the action of smoking a traditional cigarette. There is no fire since electronic cigarettes don’t combust! There is no ash and no cigarette butts! No more ugly tar residue stuck on your decor! Your household will love you for it!
The vapour that’s emitted from an electronic cigarette is just like water vapour you see coming from a boiling kettle. The vapour dissipates within seconds! Traditional tobacco cigarettes are often the culprit of fires that have endangered lives and destroyed numerous properties. They also pollute the environment. An electronic cigarette eliminates any risk of fires and is kind to the environment.
BENEFITS OF VAPINg
- No smoke
- No more smelling like an ash tray
- No carbon monoxide
- No tar
- No bad breath
- the cost of electronic cigarettes is up to 90% less than tobacco cigarettes
- Option to alter the intake of nicotine levels (including nicotine-free vaping)
- A safer alternative, traditional tobacco cigarettes contain over 4000 chemicals and carcinogens
WHY DO PEOPLE VAPE?
Some people vape because it’s sexy but most people vape to help them curb their smoking habit with the hopes of completely quitting. You can pretty much consider “vaping” and “smoking” as opposites ends of the same coin. Vaping is a nice alternative to smoking cigarettes and here’s why: Cigarettes contain approximately 600 different ingredients. Burning these ingredients releases about 4000 different chemicals with 50 known to cause cancer and many are poisonous at best.
Some of these nasty chemicals include arsenic (found in rat poison), lead (used in batteries, carbon monoxide and much more. Nasty right?
To start your journey into vaping you’ll need to get an e-cigarette or personal vaporizer. They come in many different shapes and sizes each with it’s own capabilities and features. we advise you to try one of our starter kits for beginners, If you are coming straight off the smokes the best starter kit for you will be the something like the Innokin Endura T20S, Innokin Endura T22 or Innokin Gem/Goby. Starter kits have everything you will need to start your vaping journey.
Secondly, you’ll need e-liquid/juice... now you have everything you need to start vaping!
currently selling or supplying nicotine is against Australian law. It is however, legal in Australia to order nicotine for personal usage from overseas vendors, up to 3 months supply at a time. If you wish to add nicotine to your juice we have provided links to reputable suppliers on our nicotine where? how? page.
And there you have it! Simple enough to understand right? Vaping is much more than a healthier alternative to smoking cigarettes. It’s a lifestyle and the act of vaping can even be an art form once you become an enthusiast.
What do I need to start?
- E-Juice or E-Liquid is put into a tank, cartridge, a Rebuilable device such as an RDA or into an atomizer.
- A button is pressed which activates a battery attached to the tank.
- The battery sends electricity to a metal coil wrapped around a wicking device that has sucked in the juice (usually made of silica, cotton, or wire mesh). This device made up of the coil and wick are also called the “atomizer”.
- The metal coil heats up, much like the coil on a stove, and cooks the e-liquid, turning the liquid into steam.
How does it work?
Our e-juice consist of HIGH QUALITY natural and artificial flavourings, propylene glycol (PG) and/or vegetable glycerine (VG). Both PG and VG are common food additives and are recognised as safe for use by the Food & Drug Administration.
The e-liquid is heated up to create the flavoured vapour that you inhale.
There are four components to e-liquid:
- Propylene Glycol (PG) - Which is also found in asthma inhalers, smoke machines, bags of salad, toothpaste, moisturiser
- Vegetable Glycerin (VG) - Which is also found in many food items
- Nicotine (optional) - To satisfy your craving. Available in various strengths, to enable you to wean yourself off it slowly
- Flavouring - Our liquids contain a mixture of natural and artificial flavourings.
There are three types of e-liquids:
- High PG liquids (at least 30VG:70PG) produce less vapour but carry a lot of flavour and provide a strong throat hit
- High VG (at least 70VG:30PG) liquids are smoother and produce more vapour but don’t always carry as much flavour. High VG is best for blowing bigger clouds
- 50/50s - Other e-liquids can be mixed with an equal amount of both PG and VG or maybe 10% more of one or the other.
We recommend you try all three options and see what you respond to best.
What is in e-liquid?
The nicotine levels on a packet of cigarettes are measured differently to e-liquid, which is expressed as mg per 100ml. For example an 18mg strength is 1.8% nicotine.
We advise that when switching from cigarettes you increase your nicotine level so you’re not craving nicotine and tempted to smoke. A medium-strength smoker usually starts at 16-18mg or 12mg at the least. After that, a lot of vapers reduce their nicotine levels in steady increments, but this is up to you. we tend to find that if you are still craving tobacco, then the e-liquid you are using has too low a nicotine percentage for you, or the device is inferior or the liquid is inferior.
After your first purchase, there are only two items you will need to replace: The e-liquid and the coil.
Refilling the e-liquid
- Unscrew the top or the base of your clearomiser (tank)
- Tilt the tank slightly to one side
- Refill the e-liquid into the tank, avoiding the hole of the middle chimney
- Rescrew the top or base and you’ll be ready to vape again.
Replacing your coil
- The coil will need replacing once the vapour has reduced and/or the flavour has become dull or burnt
- Unscrew the base of your clearomiser (tank)
- Unscrew the coil and dispose of it
- Replace with new coil
- Remember to let the e-liquid soak into the wick of the new coil for a few minutes before you start vaping again.
Recharging your battery
- Connect the charger with the battery
- Most starter kit batteries will require up to 3 hours of charge time. Read the manual for your device for specific charging instructions
- Do not leave the device charging overnight or for long extended periods.
We’ve seen many new customers approach us with bad stories of using e-cigs in the past. Unfortunately there are many cheap products and e-liquids out there on the market that can really deter smokers from vaping from the start.
At VAPE CHAMBER we source the best quality products and premium e-liquids from reliable sources to make sure we offer our customers the best and easiest vape experience possible. All products we stock are genuine products, we have a strict NO CLONE! policy. Our hardware is sourced from well renowned manufacturers around the world and are all 100% authentic.
Troubles with vaping?
If you have any further questions about vaping then please see our extensive FAQ Page. We recommend you also view our Vaping Glossary which will explain popular vaping terminology. If there is still anything you are unsure about drop us an email, our customer service team are here to help you on your vaping journey!